Saturday, July 30, 2011

Let's Cook! :a culinary experience in Columbia

Last night Brent and I went downtown to take a Carribean/Cuban cooking class at place called Let's Cook!  It was AWESOME.  We got there 15 minutes early, so we went ahead and opened the bottle of wine that I brought in my purse!  (By the way, I didn't just happen to have a bottle of wine in my purse... I was told I could bring one... which made me like this place before we even got there.)

 Once everyone else got there we went ahead and put on our aprons and started making Mojitos!  I'm not sure I'm a fan.  With every sip of it I tried not to make a face... it was pretty much minty straight rum!  I loaded it with sugar, but I don't know if I'll be making them again anytime soon.  Brent on the other hand...had no problem.

After we made our drinks we made a mojito cake!  It was really easy and sooooo tasty.

Then we started the chicken, and while the chicken was cooking, we made a jicama, orange and avocado salad.  I've never tried jicama before and it was delicious!!  All that was in the salad was: shredded jicama, orange segments, slices of avocado, cilantro, a little bit of vinegar and a little bit of sugar.  We were also given salt and pepper to use as needed  for this.... but Brent dumped it in somewhere in something....we never figured out where he put it.
We threw tomato, onion, garlic and rice in with the chicken, and it was so good!  The whole experience was amazing.  There were only 3 other couples, and we all sat around a big table to eat and just talked and had a blast.  We'll definitely be going back... who wants to come with us!?

1 comment: