Sunday, August 14, 2011

pizza idea!

I have always LOVED pizza.  The best is the greasy delivery kind that makes you feel terrible after you eat it.  Growing up I can remember my mom always making little mini pizzas on English muffins or bagels or french bread, and I've imitated that many, many times since I've started cooking for myself.  Another idea that's a little healthier is to use those sandwich deli flats that are only 100 calories!

1 deli flat sandwich bread               $2.50 for a pack of 6
3 Tbsp. jarred spaghetti sauce        $1.00-3.00 depending on brand
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese              $2.00
veggies?

Spread the sauce on the bread, cover in cheese, put it in the toaster over at 400 until it's done :)  The bread is 100 calories, the sauce is maybe 20 and the cheese is about 100.  220 calories for PIZZA!?!?!  love it!  And you're looking at less than $1.00 per serving. Win-Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment